Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 12 January 2018
Call for Proposals: Stop TB Partnership – Challenge Facility for Civil Society (CFCS) Round 8
Stop TB Partnership, with the support of USAID and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria has launched a call for proposals for the eighth round of its Challenge Facility for Civil Society (CFCS) with an aim to contribute to expanding access to quality TB prevention and care services to community- and hard-to-reach settings.
Stop TB Partnership’s CFCS is a unique small grants mechanism that, since 2007, supports innovative community responses to fight tuberculosis (TB). The theme for this latest round of funding is “Communities for Impact”.
- Grant Value: Up to US$40, 000
- Grant period: The grant will cover the period 28 February 2018 – 27 February 2019.
Categories & Activities
- Boosting demand and access to quality TB services:
- Building awareness of TB using original means and involving non-traditional actors (e.g. in schools, places of worship, women’s groups etc.);
- Building community networks and partnerships for collective, coordinated engagement and advocacy;
- Facilitating dialogue and strategic engagement in the UN High Level Meeting on TB;
- Implementing creative advocacy to improve TB policy, governance and service provision; and
- Enhancing an enabling environment to reduce barriers to TB services (e.g. human rights, gender, stigma related).
- Improving the quality of TB service delivery:
- Developing or strengthening community outreach programs, to link people suspected of having TB to health facilities (especially key and hard to reach populations);
- Developing or strengthening patient support group programs, linking services and treatment adherence support;
- Introducing novel treatment literacy initiatives; and
- Conducting TB community-led monitoring for social accountability.
- Registered civil society, community-based and non-governmental organizations working at national or sub-national levels in the below mentioned countries are eligible.
- Collaboration with civil society and community regional and global networks is encouraged.
CFCS Round 8 Eligible Countries:
- DR Congo
- South Africa
How to Apply
Applicants MUST apply online through the official CFCS Grant Management Site.
Applications must be in English and should include:
- Completed application form
- Completed workplan and budget
- Supporting documentation
To access the application guidelines click here.
Application period and deadline
The application period starts Monday, 4 December 2017. Applications should be completed by Friday, 12 January 2018 (18:00 Geneva time).
For more information, visit Challenge Facility for Civil Society Round 8