Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 4 November 2016
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is currently seeking applications for the implementation of the “Kenya Electoral Assistance Program (KEAP) 2017″, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The IFES is an independent, non-governmental organization providing professional support to electoral democracy. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency.
The purpose of the call is to propose innovative ways to provide targeted election-related programming to support relevant KEAP program components.
- Key Institutions, Voter Registration and Voter Education, and Election Coordination (KES 100,000,000)
- Improvement of key electoral processes related to voter registration, party registration and compliance, voter education, electoral dispute resolution and results transmission and verification.
- Women and Youth Participation (KES 50,000,000).
- Increased participation of women and youth as voters, as election staff, as advocates and awareness of the importance of inclusion to a healthy democracy.
- Dialogue, Consensus-Building, and Conflict Early-Warning/Early- Response (KES 50,000,000)
- Advance the goals of consensus-building, conflict mitigation or prevention in communities that have experienced electoral violence in the Eastern half of Kenya.
- Applications are limited to registered, local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), and religious institutions or other similar not-for-profit institutions.
- Locally registered implementing chapters of international or regional (network) organisations are eligible if they meet the following minimum criteria:
- The majority of Board members are based in Kenya
- The organisation is largely financially independent of its international mother body
- Individuals and the following organisations are not eligible to access funding:
- Governmental and semi-governmental institutions
- International organisations
- Political parties
- Organisations running on a for-profit basis
How to Apply
Applicants must send final applications in electronic copy via e-mail, on or prior to November 4, 2016— by no later than 5:00 p.m. Nairobi time—to Salima Wiggins, Senior Contracts & Grants Manager, and Jenny Xu, Contracts & Grants Analyst, at KEAPgrants@ifes.org.
For more information, please visit this link on IFES site.