Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 31 December 2016
The US Embassy Nairobi is seeking applications for its Ambassador’s Self-Help Fund (SSHF) to provide small grants to registered self-help groups, youth groups, and community based organizations, and specific types of educational institutions and medical facilities.
The program’s oobjective is to assist groups in the development of projects that improve living conditions in their communities.
This Fund will not support the start of a project or activity, but may fund the expansion of an existing project.
Types of Project
- Kenyans with special needs
- Protection of the environment
- Income-generating activities
- Medical equipment
The Ambassador’s Self-Help Fund entertains proposals in the range of $1,000 to $10,000; however, the average grant awarded is $3,000 to $7,000.
- Eligible applicants are Self-Help Groups that are registered through the District Gender and Social Development Office and should have been registered and working together successfully for at least two years before making application to the Ambassador’s Self-Help Fund.
- NGOs are not eligible for grants.
- The Ambassador’s Self-Help Fund does not support requests from individuals or for individual profit.
- This Fund will not support the start of a project or activity, but may fund the expansion of an existing project.
How to Apply
Qualified self-help groups may request an application form from the Office of the Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Fund (Contact information below.) Applicants that meet the criteria for funding consideration must supply specific information to the Office of the Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Fund:
- A complete application form
- Thorough project description
- Additional information necessary to explain the proposal, such as a site plan, design report, blueprints, building plans, specifications of equipment, photos, drawings, etc.
- Project budget, including self-help contributions and items for which financial support is requested
- Proposals for water projects must include a copy of a professionally prepared design report, blueprint(s), and a bill of quantity certified by the District’s Water Officer.
- Proposals for income-generating activities must provide a projection of all expenses and income for one year following implementation of the project, and indicate how profits will be utilized.
- Pro-Forma invoices for whatever the grant funds would purchase, including professional services
- Map to the project site
- Certificate of Registration from the Ministry of Gender and Children Affairs, Department of Gender and Social Services
- Signatures of endorsement of the District Gender and Social Development Officer and the relevant technical officer.
For further information, please feel free to contact us at:
Ambassador’s Special Self-Help Fund United States Embassy P. O. Box 606 – Village Market 00621 NAIROBI Tel.: (20) 363-6284 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please download the PDF United States Embassy Nairobi.