Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 17 February 2017
The United States Government, represented by the Agency for International Development (USAID), Global Health Bureau (GH), Office of Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN), is seeking applications from eligible entities for the implementation of the “NGO Polio Eradication Project”.
The overall objective of this program is to provide continued and uninterrupted support for NGO efforts to eradicate polio in Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, and South Sudan and for cross-border coordination efforts in the Horn, including Kenya and Somalia.
In the long-term, activities should contribute to increasing population immunity in these countries, increasing acceptance of immunizations and improving the sensitivity of surveillance for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP). The objectives are in line with the USAID’s polio eradication framework development objectives.
- Build effective partnerships between PVOs, NGOs, and international, national and regional organizations involved in polio.
- Support PVO/NGO efforts to strengthen national and regional immunization systems to achieve polio eradication.
- Support PVO/NGO involvement in national and regional planning and implementation of supplemental polio immunizations
- Support PVO/NGO efforts to strengthen AFP case detection and reporting (and case detection of other infectious diseases).
- Support timely documentation and use of information to continuously improve the quality of polio eradication (and other related health) activities
- Support PVO/NGO participation in either national and/or regional certification activities
- Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide up to $74 million in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
- The period of performance for the award will be five years in duration from the date of award, subject to availability of funds.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously worked with the Agency.
- Individuals and governments are NOT eligible to apply. Each eligible organization may submit only one application.
- To be eligible for a cooperative agreement under this funding opportunity, an organization must be any of the following types of organizations:
- PVOs – Organizations that meet the Conditions of Registration as Private voluntary organizations.
- Nonprofit organizations – Organizations that meet the definition of 2 CFR 200.70
- For-profit organizations – NGOs that are not non-profit organizations. While for-profit firms may participate, pursuant to 2 CFR 200.400(g) it is USAID policy not to award profit to prime recipients and subrecipients under assistance instruments.
- U. S. and non-U.S. Universities
- Foreign Organizations (referred to as non-U.S. NGOs) – either nonprofit or for-profit organizations that meet the definition in 2 CFR 200.47.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can access the application package and more information, please visit USAID NGO Polio Eradication Project..
Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, and South Sudan, Kenya and Somalia.