Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 15 June 2017
The African Union (AU) is pleased to announce the call for the submission of project proposals under theme n°10 of the African Women Decade namely “Mentoring youth (women and men) to be champions of gender equality and women’s empowerment” which content is as follows: “Energizing the African Women’s movement, and mentoring young women and men leaders and professionals, both in Africa and the Diaspora to be champions on Gender Equality and women’s empowerment”.
The project or programme should contribute to any of the following:
- Create environment where the African and Diaspora young women’s movement will find a platform to interact and bring paramount and valuable changes to the women condition in Africa
- Sensitize and train youth about the drawbacks and consequences of exclusion, on the fact that no woman or man will be left behind or excluded, on the basis of gender
- Demonstrate its commitment as People-centred and training youth about gender equality and Women’s empowerment
- Engage and empower youth to be gender-sensitive in their approach for decision making, while targeting sustainable development
- Boost African women’s incentives to create movements and initiatives aiming at fully empowering young women in all spheres, and promoting their social, political and economic rights, including the rights to own and inherit property, sign contracts, register and manage businesses, and accessing leadership positions
- Organize the mentorship and championship activities for young rural women and men and create movements or cooperatives that will raise awareness on their rights; and help them have access to productive assets, including land, credit, inputs and financial services.
Proposals will be funded for one year with a ceiling up to thirty thousand dollars ($30,000).
The Fund will benefit young women and girls through grassroots initiatives, developed by:
- African Union member States
- African Civil Society Organizations working on mentoring youth (women and men) to be champions of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Youth groups
How to Apply
Mode of application
- Submission of a brief and schematic Concept Note in line with the application characteristics provided (attached). The Concept Note should be in summary form to facilitate technical evaluation and provisional approval or rejection by the Steering committee. It should not exceed one page;
- Submission of a more detailed, well formulated project proposal, in accordance with the format provided (attached), which meets key operational, technical and procedural requirements required for the final evaluation of the proposal.
The application should include the following information:
- A one page synthesis of the Concept Note (attached), as follows:
- Basic data (project name, management details, duration, geographical location, context and rationale of the project);
- Description of the project (purpose, goals and objectives, expected outcomes, activities, indicators, beneficiaries, entities and partners);
- A brief presentation of the implementing agency: 1) governance structures, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and sustainability plans;
- Names and contact details (telephone numbers, email, etc.) of signatories.
- Detailed project proposal: Refer to attached outline
- A page containing:
- The detailed budget in dollars (US$) and equipment (available and required). Distribution: 50% for equipment, and 50% for training and general expenses. The Fund for African Women does not cover salaries.
- Bank details of the organization;
All applications should include a letter of recommendation from national Coordination Committees or Ministries responsible for Gender and women’s Affairs. NGO’s and CSO’s, should provide a copy of the Letter of Information sent to your Ministry of women Affairs. All hard copies of applications should be sent through the respective Embassies of Member States in Ethiopia, with electronic copies submitted directly to the Commission, addressed to the Director- Women, Gender and Development Directorate, AU commission Fund for African Women, by June 15, 2017.
Kindly note that the commission will only accept proposals that adhere to the indicated theme.
This announcement will be posted on the AUC website http://www.au.int
The detailed format in which concept notes should be submitted is available on the website in English, French, Portuguese and Arabic.
Member States and grassroots organizations with the requisite capacity, experience in networking with women’s groups, community cooperatives, the informal sector, and addressing gender inequality are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit AU Call for Proposals.