Funder (Prime Funder): The European Union Implementing organization: International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) Announcement Type: Initial Call Number: 001 Application…
Deadline: 31 January 2018
AmplifyChange is currently inviting applicants from eligible organisations for its Strengthening Grants program to support, strengthen quality and scale-up the work of small to medium civil society organisations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at a local, community, district or national level.
Strengthening grants are also intended to support organisational development and boost effectiveness of group.
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including decriminalisation of abortion
- Challenging stigma and discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender or sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-gender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) and addressing child and early forced marriage (CEFM)
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalised people
Strengthening grants range from EUR40,000 – EUR100,000.
- Increasing individual awareness of SRHR as human rights
- Improving access to SRHR resources, information and services
- Transforming social norms
- Changing policies and laws
- Building stronger, more inclusive movements for SRHR
- The general eligibility criteria for Strengthening grantees are:
- The applicant organisation must be registered in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
- The project must be implemented in one of the AmplifyChange eligible countries.
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account.
- The project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change priorities.
- The project must respond to one or more of the AmplifyChange outcome areas.
- The organisation must be a Southern-based organisation (see definition below).
- AmplifyChange will consider concept notes from civil society organisations based in Sub-Saharan Africa or South Asia.
- AmplifyChange will recognise the broad scope of civil society and the wide range of organisations, actors and coalitions it encompasses. Therefore, they are happy to receive concept notes from community groups, non-governmental organisations, indigenous groups, charitable organisations, faith-based organisations, research institutes, social enterprise groups, public-private partnerships, communications and media groups and professional associations.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online through the provided link here. .
For more information, please visit Strengthening Grants.