Deadline: 30 November 2016
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) is seeking applicants from eligible organizations for its Green Climate Fund (GCF) in order to ensure a clean, healthy, and sustainable environment in Kenya through supervision and coordination of all matters relating to the environment.
This Fund will seek to ensure that its investments drive a paradigm shift towards low emissions and climate resilience economies and livelihoods.
- Under Mitigation
- Energy access and power generation; Such as on-grid, micro-grid or off –grid solar, wind, geothermal among others.
- Low emission transport; such as high-speed rail, rapid bus system, among others.
- Buildings, cities, industries and appliances such as new and retrofitted energy efficient buildings, energy- efficient equipment for companies and supply chain management, among others.
- Forestry and land use such as forest conservation and management, agroforestry, agricultural irrigation, water treatment and management, among others.
- Under Adaptation
- Most vulnerable people and communities; such as mitigation of operational risk associated with climate change – diversification of supply sources and supply chain management, relocation of manufacturing facilities and warehouses, among others.
- Health and well-being, and food and water security; such as climate-resilient crops, efficient irrigation systems, among others.
- Infrastructure and built environment; such as sea walls, resilient road networks, among others.
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services; such as ecosystem conservation and management, ecotourism, among others.
- NEMA invites applications for proposals for GCF funding from all interested organisations.
- The organizations eligible to send project proposals include Government ministries, County Governments, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Faith Based Organisations (FBOs), Public agencies and private sector entities.
- NEMA’s recent accreditation by the Green Climate Fund as one of the Kenyan entities that will be recipients of funding from GCF based on submitted funding proposals.
- To actualize this, the Fund has six investment criteria as follows:
- Climate impact potential: Potential to achieve the GCF’s objectives and results to shift towards low emission and climate resilient economic development
- Paradigm shift potential: Potential to catalyse impact beyond a one-off project or programme investment
- Sustainable development potential: Potential to provide wider development co-benefits
- Needs of recipient: Vulnerability to climate change and financing needs of the recipients
- Country ownership: Beneficiary country ownership of project or programme and capacity to implement the proposed activities
- Effectiveness and efficiency: Economic and financial soundness and effectiveness of the proposed activities
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the concept note via given website.
For more information, please visit Green Climate Fund.