Deadline: 31 December 2016
The Genesis Charitable Trust is seeking applications from organisations for its grant program to help individuals and communities within developing countries to improve their standards of living.
Genesis Charitable Trust has broad objects and an interest in projects that provide sustainable, long-term income generation and self-sufficiency, especially those making a demonstrable positive impa
ct on marginalised communities currently beyond the reach of traditional government or market-based solutions.
The Trust takes sustainable income to mean “development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
The Trust prioritises income-generating projects in developing countries. It actively seeks to support:
- entrepreneurial initiatives
- targeted improvement of economic opportunities
- improvements to the efficiency of markets and the ease of doing business
- Registered as a non-profit organisation in their country of origin, or associated with a UK or US non-profit organisation
- Works in a developing country.
- Addresses the needs of disadvantaged communities.
- Priority will be given to organisations which:
- have a track record in activities that accord with our income-generation priorities
- can demonstrate positive effects of their interventions
- are cost-effective in their approach
- have good governance and financial management
- engage beneficiaries and people who are local to beneficiaries in management and decision-making
- activities based outside a developing country
- individual sponsorship or personal appeals
- work that is aligned to a political party or a religious or spiritual faith
- animal charities
- building or infrastructure projects
- funding for work that has already occurred
- medical research
How to Apply
Organisations that are eligible and whose projects match the priorities of The Genesis Charitable Trust may download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Genesis Charitable Trust.