Deadline: 12 September 2017
Young women’s bodily rights, HIV prevention, and intersections with violence against women.
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is seeking applications for its World Aids Day 2017 to offer grants to support activities by African women’s organisations focused on young women’s bodily rights, HIV prevention, and intersections with violence against women.
AWDF encourages approaches that address the underlying needs to support young women to make positive choices around their bodies and health, and build societies that support their right to live free from violence in the context of HIV and AIDS.
AWDF instituted the World AIDS Day (WAD) grants programme to support women’s rights organisations to actively participate in the global campaign and keep African women’s priorities around HIV and AIDS on the African and global agenda. The programme seeks to support women’s organisations to raise their voices and support the leadership of women living with HIV and AIDS.
- The grant size is a $2,000.
- Therefore eligible projects should have a budget of not more than $2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds.
- The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
- Note: The maximum amount of grant allowed is $2,000.
- AWDF particularly welcomes applications from organisations of women living with HIV, groups of women living with disabilities, and from young women’s groups.
- Applicant Organisation:
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget not more than $100,000
How to Apply
Please follow the application guidelines below. Note that the maximum amount of grant allowed is $2,000. Applicants must fit AWDF’s general grantee guidelines (women-led, African women’s rights organisations).
For more information, please visit World Aids Day 2017.